NIB Bank introduces transactional SMS Alert service. It keeps you updated with your account movements by sending instant SMS message.
It provides additional security by enabling you to monitor your NIB Bank Accounts/ ATM card transaction activities and reduce potential cases of misuse.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I enroll to the NIB Bank SMS Alert service?
You can enroll to the SMS alert service by filling out this SMS Alert Enrollment Form, and by selecting the Request Type as New. And submit the completed form in your NIB Bank Branch. Or alternately you can call NIB Phone Banking at 021-111-642-111 for enrollment. Please give us three working days to activate the service on your account(s).
Can I enroll multiple accounts for SMS Alert service?
Yes, you can enroll multiple accounts for SMS Alert facility. Kindly provide all the account numbers on which you want to enable this service in the Account Number(s) field on the form.
Is this service available for all types of customer accounts?
This service is available to all Current and Savings Account Holders of NIB Bank.
Can I subscribe multiple mobile number for different accounts?
No, you can only have one mobile number defined against a single customer.
What type of transactions and alerts are covered under the Alert service?
Debit Alert: An instant SMS alert to inform you when any amount is deducted from your Current or Savings account(s).
Credit Alert: An instant SMS alert to inform you when any amount is added into your Current or Savings account(s).
Type of Transactions:
a. Alerts on ATM/KIOSK transaction that you perform at any ATM including:
- Cash withdrawals and deposits
- Funds transfers to and from your account
- Bill payments.
b. Alerts on all transactions you perform at the branch including:
- Cash/Cheque deposits and withdrawals
- Funds transfer to and from your NIB Bank accounts
- Any other transaction that effect Debit or Credit to your NIB account. (excluding system generated or Bank charges/fees transactions)
Can I register with any mobile number, local or international?
We only support this service for the local numbers issued through local mobile operators Mobilink, Ufone, Telenor, Zong, and Warid.
Will I still get the SMS alerts if I am not in Pakistan and travelling abroad?
Yes, only if the roaming service is enabled on your mobile number.
How do I Modify or Deactivate my existing SMS alert service details?
You need to submit this SMS Alert enrollment form again with the Request Type selected as Modify or Deactivate. And provide the details for the account number and mobile number on the form for the changes required. Please note that any changes to Email Address or Mobile Number will update the customer level information and for all the accounts linked to your customer record.
What are the charges for enrolling into the SMS Alert service?
There will be a monthly subscription fee per account. The charges are applicable as per the Bank’s Schedule of Charges as amended from time to time.
For complaints or queries who should I contact?
You can contact NIB Phone Banking at 021-111-642-111 or your NIB Bank branch service desk for any help.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions applies when you enroll to the SMS Alerts facility
- The Bank at the request of the Customer shall provide SMS Alerts (“SMS”) in respect of banking transactions pertaining to accounts maintained with the Bank (“Account”). All information pertaining to the Bank and banking products offered by the Bank from time to time through SMS (the “Service”), shall be entirely at the risk and responsibility of the Customer, and in consideration of the Bank agreeing at its absolute discretion to accept the request, the Customer shall confirm that all SMS communications may be addressed to the Customer at the mobile number(s) mentioned above.
- The Customer irrevocably agrees and undertakes that the Bank is authorized and instructed to provide the Service, as modified from time to time by the Bank.
- The Customer understands that the Bank assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any delay, non-delivery, inaccuracy and/or general failure of the Service and confirms that should the Customer be dissatisfied with any portion of the Service, the Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service. In addition, the Bank shall not be liable for lack of receipt of the Service should the Customer fail to provide updated information to the Bank. The Bank shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or claim sustained by the Customer as a result of using the Service.
- The SMS shall be sent to the Customer on his mobile number only if the Customer is within the cellular circle. In addition the Service shall be dependant on the infrastructure, connectivity and service provided by the service providers.
- The Customer understands and agrees that the Bank shall not be held responsible in case of any disclosure of the contents of the SMS to any undesired recipients or third parties, who are not authorized to know such information.
- The Customer acknowledges and places on record that there are inherent problems in verifying the authenticity of SMS transactions, and the Bank shall provide the SMS in an un-encrypted form for the convenience of the Customer.
- The Bank may at any time terminate the Service without assigning any reason whatsoever to the Customer.
- The Bank may levy a charge for the Service, in which case the Customer agrees to pay any charges levied by the Bank for providing the Service. These charges shall be advised in the Bank’s schedule of charges, which may be available as posted half-yearly on the Bank’s website. If the Customer wishes to discontinue this Service, the Customer is required to advise the Bank in writing of this decision, within one (1) month of the imposition of the abovementioned charge. The Customer is at liberty however, to discontinue this Service at any time by giving one (1) month prior written notice of the same to the Bank.
- In case of a change in the mobile number mentioned herein and/or the loss of the SIM, the Customer shall immediately inform the Bank. The Customer shall inform the Bank forthwith of any unauthorized use of the Service, or any breach of security.
- The Customer will indemnify and hold the Bank and its officers harmless against any claims, demands, losses, fines, penalties or damages suffered by the Customer or any proceedings or actions initiated against the Customer on account of the use of the Service by the Customer and understands that the Bank does not warrant, either expressly or impliedly, that the Service will meet the Customer’s requirements as specified from time to time, or that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free in any manner or respect. The Customer further agrees that the Bank or any of its employees or representatives or officers will not be responsible for any direct, indirect or incidental consequences.